01/18 – Current
SOLACE, NEW YORK
VICE PRESIDENT, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING – AMERICAS
I’m currently the head of Systems Engineering for the Americas for Solace – a vendor that provides world class messaging middleware solutions in hardware, software, and messaging as a service.
• Established a rigorous interview process and doubled the team size in 3 years with top quality talent. Established an environment that was conducive to professional growth.
• Took the lead in establishing key partnerships with complementary technology partners and identified key areas to focus on with our customer base.
• Launched several innovative initiatives including scripts to regulate public cloud usage costs, established a weekly forum to share ideas/knowledge, held webinars, lead the creation of a udemy course, and created whitepapers/blogs.
01/17 – 01/18
CAPITAL ONE, NEW YORK
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Manager for a new team of engineers in New York for the upmarket credit card business. Responsible for building out microservices in AWS using agile methodologies that brings innovative features to our customers to help them get the most from their credit cards
• Led the design and development of microservices in GoLang to integrate an acquired startup into the CapitalOne ecosystem.
• Led the design and implementation of a Java-based REST-ful microservice that set restrictions on credit card accounts. The microservice was deployed on AWS and exposed a restful interface to a legacy SOAP service and was used by customer service agents to set/unset restrictions on accounts.
•Led the design and implementation of a microservice to handle batched events to trigger identity verification for customers who were suspected of Fraud. Was responsible for refining the product requirements with the product manager, architecting the solution, and leading a team of 5 engineers who had minimal experience in Java development to deliver on time with a very aggressive deadline.
• Responsible for managing the first batch of 3 interns for our division in New York and lead them to deliver a working product that integrated SNS Alerts with our Enterprise Slack using agile methodologies.
08/06 – 01/18
DEUTSCHE BANK, WALL STREET, NEW YORK
VICE PRESIDENT – LEAD MESSAGING MIDDLEWARE SPECIALISTAPPLICATION DEVELOPER:
Lead for an enterprise messaging middleware group that looks after the messaging middleware stack for mission critical real time trading systems. This is a multi-disciplinary position that encompasses client-management, technical expertise, application development, documentation, architecture, vendor management, and project planning.
• Spearheaded a firm wide initiative to migrate Fixed Income front office trading messaging middleware flow from TIBCO Rendezvous to Solace messaging. Responsibilities include drafting reference architecture, getting buy-in from senior management, developing instrumentation, laying out a migration plan and working with application leads to execute on the plan in a timely fashion.
• Architected and developed on an innovative suite of applications to manage the messaging middleware environment for Solace, TIBCO Rendezvous and Informatica Ultra Messaging using Core Java, KDB, and Aurelia JS. The tools are used to monitor the environment, perform post analysis on outages, manage inventory, and measure application performance.
• Responsible for remediating messaging related outages by re-architecting the middleware stack. The process involves liaising with application developers, network engineering, server administrators, and vendors to formulate an agreeable solution and overseeing implementation.
• Front office technology lead for graduate and intern recruiting for the firm. Responsible for setting recruiting strategy and interviewing candidates. Also responsible for mentoring and managing interns and college hires for the firm.
Training & Development
Area of Expertise
Credit Card Systems
Real Time Messaging
Global Application Deployments